You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 07:35:56

arslanone

aMule Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi,

This has been happening for a long time, a year perhaps. Just read the 'Step-by-step debugging guide' and decided to report.

I pacman -Syu every week or so.

aMule version is:  aMule SVN Snapshot rev. 10998

I'm on the tiling window manager i3 for a couple of years.

What happens, different scenarios:

a) I run aMule, it may work fine that time or day.

b) I run aMule, it would crash after few seconds. I re-run it, it may run fine then if I don't touch stuff.

c) aMule is running fine when started. As soon as I do searches, it crashes.

d) aMule is running fine, if I press the refresh button in 'Shared Files' tab, it crashes.

Here is the core dump from last crash: https://gist.github.com/arslanfarooq/6c … 804e98a978

Last edited by arslanone (2018-05-03 07:37:30)

#2 2018-05-04 16:41:45

davidm

Re: aMule Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't currently use amule but I used to use it in the past.  I'm not sure if this will be helpful but when on Gentoo there were often problems related to the version of Wxwidgets installed.  It is possible this may be related either at compilation or runtime.

#3 2018-05-05 18:24:45

mxfm

Re: aMule Segmentation fault (core dumped)

For me amule gui was crashing quite often (on arch since 2015 and on other distros even earlier) when I press buttons or do any gui actions, I suspect it is wxWidgets related and is not related to the package (distro). After some unsuccessful attempts to report the bug, I finally gave up. Workaround: do search in gui, then run amuled -f (you need either to configure to connect to some server automatically or to do 'show servers' and 'connect x.x.x.x:pppp').

Board footer