You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-10 22:24:39

Annoyingduck

Cinnamon Panel Shows While In Full Screen If A Dock Is Used

This Cinnamon issue just started happening with this weeks updates, It's not occurring in XFCE. Whenever I view a movie in fullscreen mode in Cinnamon (not a maximized window) the panel remains visable.  Result is the same with all media players (SMPlayer, VLC, Totem, Etc) and with webpage full videos through the browser.  I've been digging around and could not find anything related to this. I stumbled on the culprit accidentally...it turns out when a dock is used the issue presents itself. I use Cairo dock, and simply closing the dock solves the fullscreen issue.  I went ahead and installed Plank to see if it was a Cairo only issue, and the problem happens when Plank is used too. So basically to summarize, fullscreen videos show the panel if any Dock is running in Cinnamon.  If I shutdown the dock(s), full screen video viewing is back to normal and the panel is hidden as it should be. How the docks are arranged or hide/autohide is irrelevant.  If any dock is running, the issue presents itself.

Before I start making bug reports to the Cinnamon developers, I wanted to ask here to see if there is something else that can be done to fix this issue.  To clarify, this just started happening after updating my system this week.  Everything was perfectly fine last week, so some update has changed this behavior.

#2 2018-05-11 16:08:28

Annoyingduck

Re: Cinnamon Panel Shows While In Full Screen If A Dock Is Used

Board footer