You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-23 08:17:55

Llama
Banned

[SOLVED] Intel graphics and OpenGL

Hi,

I had to remove my Nvidia card and revert to the onboard Intel graphics. OpenGL is either broken or not supported, I cannot tell which.

$ glxinfo 
name of display: :0
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  151 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  37
  Current serial number in output stream:  38
$ lspci | grep -i vga
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

Arch Wiki
Gentoo Wiki

The info is overwhelming. Any suggestion of the steps to be taken first?

Last edited by Llama (2018-05-23 12:43:52)

#2 2018-05-23 08:48:13

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Intel graphics and OpenGL

If the only thing you've done is switch the graphics adapters, you will also have to remove any nvidia-(340xx)-utils packages and make sure libglvnd is installed instead. Also make sure you don't have conflicting xorg configs.

And you might want to post a xorg.log

In general I'd also suggest you stop with these knee-jerk reactions, you went from a well defined initial problem, nvidia-340xx not working with the latest Xorg- to switching to nouveau, switching to fluxbox and because sddm didn't work, and now switching to intel, asking a question to each of them along the way.

It's hard to properly assist you if you keep changing the goal post.

Moving to NC

Last edited by V1del (2018-05-23 09:00:29)

#3 2018-05-23 12:43:23

Llama
Banned

V1del wrote:

If the only thing you've done is switch the graphics adapters, you will also have to remove any nvidia-(340xx)-utils packages and make sure libglvnd is installed instead. Also make sure you don't have conflicting xorg configs.

1. I've made sure libglvnd is there.
2. I removed nvidia-340xx-utils

It's all I should have done after removing the Nvidia card from the motherboard. Thank you very much, V1del!

V1del wrote:

In general I'd also suggest you stop with these knee-jerk reactions, you went from a well defined initial problem, nvidia-340xx not working with the latest Xorg- to switching to nouveau, switching to fluxbox and because sddm didn't work, and now switching to intel, asking a question to each of them along the way.

It's hard to properly assist you if you keep changing the goal post.

I removed the Nvidia card because it looked like a hardware fault. I did not notice any xorg update. I am not so dead sure, now that you mention it. I never switched to any nouveau smile . Thanks again!

#4 2018-05-23 12:53:35

V1del
Forum Moderator

That explains a lot tongue But yeah there really is an issue with current xorg-server and nvidia-340xx refer to: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=237248 and https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58660 so once that bug is marked as solved and a new driver released you might want to give the nvidia card another spin,

Board footer