You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-27 19:44:09

ydallilar

[SOLVED] makepkg - NOT FOUND on slack-term package

Hi,

I have recently adopted a package and upgraded it https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/slack-term/. It works fine on my systems.

However, one of the users claims that keys are wrong and the files fail during validity check - which I can't reproduce. (see the AUR page)

Then. his output from makepkg is:

==> Validating source files with md5sums...
LICENSE ... Passed
slack-term ... NOT FOUND
slack-term.json ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

When keys are wrong, the message says 'FAILED', so it is not the keys. What is the source of 'NOT FOUND' error? By checking makepkg source code, I think that means the file doesn't exist at all or the file is not where it is supposed to be, right?

I checked and this doesn't occur if download fails. Only way I can reproduce this is to manually delete the "slack-term.part" file during download.

I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction to solve this.

Thanks.

Last edited by ydallilar (2018-05-28 00:09:08)

#2 2018-05-27 20:16:25

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED] makepkg - NOT FOUND on slack-term package

The PKGBUILD works fine for me.  But it should be renamed with a -bin suffix.

Note there are no keys here, just checksums.  But the "NOT FOUND" error comes from the file not being present.  So perhaps the download failed, or some other process removed the file while makepkg was running (edit: I see you already noted this in the package comments).  In either case, the problem is at that user's end and they should be posting for help so we can collect the relevant information.

Last edited by Trilby (2018-05-27 20:18:29)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2018-05-27 22:17:22

ydallilar

Ok. Thanks for checking.

#4 2018-05-27 22:28:41

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Not a Pacman issue, moving to AUR Issues...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer