You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-07 01:57:45

bmw2621

Wacom Tablet

Wacom Tablet: Intuos Small (its new, bluetooth doesn't work on other distros, but USB does)
Laptop: Acer Aspire R
Kernel: 4.14.48

Bluetooth doesn't work on any distro because its a new model and a linux driver is not out.  However, USB connection does work on other distros, but it is not in my recent Arch conversion.

Followed wiki: automatic method didnt work (xsetwacom --list devices returns null). So I followed manual setup.    wacon-udev is no longer in the AUR, so I added the rule in the 65-libwacom.rules and created a 10-wacom.rules (copied from the old github for the previously mentioned wacom-udev package.

The device is detected with lsusb command, but /dev/input is not establishing a connection.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Speak slowly and at a second grade reading level, I am a noob to Arch (and Linux in general in the grand scheme of things) so I dont ah-blah yet.

Thanks

#2 2018-06-07 05:33:50

ooo

Re: Wacom Tablet

Please always post the actual output of commands (lsusb, xsetwacom, etc.) you've run, and not only the part you think is important. Also post the actual model number of the hardware in question, not just the model name.

Are you using Xorg or wayland? Apparently xsetwacom doesn't necessarily list devices on latter, even though the device works just fine.

If the device is brand new, I'm sure it's not supported in >4 year old, unmaintained udev rule. So you'd have to create the rule yourself, if that's necessary to get the device to work.

Also, for a brand new hardware, it's probably good idea to test using the latest kernel (i.e. linux instead of linux-lts), or even the input-wacom-dkms.

Welcome to forums.

Last edited by ooo (2018-06-07 05:34:39)

#3 2018-10-30 13:41:34

NickTouik

Re: Wacom Tablet

I just want to report that my new Wacom Intuos tablet worked with USB, but not Bluetooth under Linux Kernel 4.14. The tablet was connecting to Bluetooth, but not functioning as a pointing device.

I just upgraded to Linux Kernel 4.19 and the Tablet now works properly with Bluetooth. Yay!

Board footer