You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-11 22:16:53

ygc239

Arch crashes after playing music in Spotify

Hello, I've been using Arch for two weeks now. A few days ago, I noticed that every time I open Spotify and play music, Arch crashes after a minute or so of music. To verify that Spotify was causing the issue, I've been using my computer for hours without issue but when I open Spotify, Arch crashes within a minute or two of playing any music.

My screen freezes and the music I'm listening to loops one second of the song over and over again. The only way I seem to be able to remedy this is by doing a hardware reset and rebooting from there. I would absolutely post my log file but it's 20,000 lines long because of errors I know about with my polybar config. Polybar prints about 20 lines per second but I'm aware of what I need to do to fix it.

Does anyone know what could be happening off the bat? I'm currently working on polybar to have it not print so many error messages to the crash log file so that I can have something presentable to look at.

Thanks!

Last edited by ygc239 (2018-06-11 22:17:11)

#2 2018-06-11 22:18:31

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Arch crashes after playing music in Spotify

Filter the polybar entries from the log and pastebin it.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2018-06-11 22:32:08

twelveeighty

Re: Arch crashes after playing music in Spotify

I'd say either first fix your Polybar problem or reproduce your crashing issue without running Polybar. That way, you would either fix two problems at the same time, or have some logs to share for us to help you. It's possible the two problems are related so isolating one would be my recommendation.

Board footer