You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-19 14:03:52

Businek

plasma_waitforname in Xfce4

Good day!
After upgrading the system on sunday, I'm experiencing lag when pushing volume buttons on my keyboard and also (I think it's tied together)
after login in lightDM, the system waits a long moment before loading Xfce.

When I press volume up or down or mute on my multimedia keyboard (desktop machine), in Task Manager I see appear a task called 'plasma_waitforname org.freedesktop.Notifications'
and one called 'dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile --systemd-activation --syslog-only'. At that moment nothing happens with the volume and the Pulseaudio
icon on the panel is inactive, not responding. After a long moment these processes disappear and the icon returns active, and the action I did with the button, e.g. mute, activates and
mutes the volume.
In the Task Manager there are also constant tasks (among others). One is the same as above 'dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile --systemd-activation --syslog-only'
and the other is 'pulseaudio --daemonize=no'.
These things appear to be relevant to the issue I'm experiencing.

I thought I could remove plasma packages installed but I'm not sure what compositor I'm using, all plasma packages are required by Kwin.
I couldn't find how to check the compositor in use.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Board footer