You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 09:14:40

thecornelius

[SOLVED] QT build error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QButton

Hi everyone!

I used to build my own version of KeePassXC by using this PKGBUILD: https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/comm … /keepassxc

Today I wanted to build the package again both on the same Arch Linux installation where I once had built this package successfully and on a newly installed Arch Linux installation. I used the PKGBUILD that had worked some time ago as well as the newest version cited above. Both failed with the following error:

[ 50%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/keepassx_core.dir/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp.o
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp: In constructor ‘EditEntryWidget::EditEntryWidget(QWidget*)’:
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp:81:59: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QButtonGroup’
     , m_autoTypeDefaultSequenceGroup(new QButtonGroup(this))
                                                           ^
In file included from /home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp:19:
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.h:37:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class QButtonGroup’
 class QButtonGroup;
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp:82:58: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QButtonGroup’
     , m_autoTypeWindowSequenceGroup(new QButtonGroup(this))
                                                          ^
In file included from /home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp:19:
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.h:37:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class QButtonGroup’
 class QButtonGroup;
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp: In member function ‘void EditEntryWidget::setupAutoType()’:
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp:174:35: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QButtonGroup’
     m_autoTypeDefaultSequenceGroup->addButton(m_autoTypeUi->inheritSequenceButton);
                                   ^~
 class QButtonGroup;
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/cornelius/abs/keepassxc/src/keepassxc-2.3.3/src/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp:175:35: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QButtonGroup’
     m_autoTypeDefaultSequenceGroup->addButton(m_autoTypeUi->customSequenceButton);
                                   ^~
 class QButtonGroup;
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/keepassx_core.dir/build.make:1285: src/CMakeFiles/keepassx_core.dir/gui/entry/EditEntryWidget.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:238: src/CMakeFiles/keepassx_core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

I have the same situation with the AUR package keepassxc-git.

I wonder if this is a problem on my machine or if the package is broken? It appears odd to me that I didn't find any complains from other users with similar problems …

So, does anyone have a hint for me what the problem could be here? Thanks!

Last edited by thecornelius (2018-07-03 11:30:39)

#2 2018-07-03 09:59:45

arisinfenix

Re: [SOLVED] QT build error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QButton

#3 2018-07-03 10:02:49

Raynman

#4 2018-07-03 10:06:41

arisinfenix

Ah ok, I've not found that one... wink

edit: added the github issue to the bug report

Last edited by arisinfenix (2018-07-03 10:10:38)

#5 2018-07-03 11:30:01

thecornelius

Thank you!

Board footer