You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 19:20:44

_JZA_

Dealing with NodeJS issues when detecting OS

I am having quite some problems with nodeJS and nodeJS applications like electron. It tries to build for my OS but it has issues detecting my OS because is statically linked to Ubuntu/Debian, I have put issues on the project but they have been bounced and closed, I wonder if any NodeJS dev can please assist me here and hopefully get this patched from the top.

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.4 (node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.4: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})

added 672 packages from 769 contributors and audited 4055 packages in 31.316s
found 11 low severity vulnerabilities
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

Last edited by _JZA_ (2018-07-03 19:21:29)

#2 2018-07-06 12:26:46

Xaekai
Website

Re: Dealing with NodeJS issues when detecting OS

The first two are normal. The `fsevents` module is a MacOS thing for hooking into filesystem events. Since you aren't on MacOS, it doesn't get loaded, as Node will use it's native `libuv` hooks. You may safely ignore that forever.

The second batch of messages are also pretty normal. It's telling you whatever you just installed in node_modules may have some old vulnerable packages among their dependencies. You generally can ignore this as well as long as it says "low severity" unless you are a developer and feel like pestering the maintainers of the offending modules.

Last edited by Xaekai (2018-07-06 12:31:15)

#3 2018-07-06 12:48:41

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Dealing with NodeJS issues when detecting OS

I'm also suspecting an XY here, you haven't said what your actual issue is and you suspect these harmless messages to be relevant. You might want to elaborate which program you are trying to run  and into which kind of issue you are running into. And maybe post links to said bugreports so that other people can assess wether the issue you've found actually has relevance to what you think the problem is.

Please also change your title, to relfect the actual issue you are having.

Board footer