You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-29 18:20:26

lukeoftheaura

Wacom touchscreen seems miscalibrated on thinkpad x220 tablet on X11

First, if this belongs in the laptop support forum rather than the hardware forum I'm sorry.

The wacom touchscreen on my thinkpad X220t seems miscalibrated. If I touch (or use the pen) in the center of the screen the pointer moves to where it should be however the firther away from the center of the touchscreen it moves the more off the pointer seems to be from where I touch. I've tried doing as the wiki says and using the xinput_calibrator but as the touchscreen uses the wacom driver this has no effect. There is a windows utility for solving this problem that is included with the thinkpad OEM software, but I cannot find something to do the same job on arch.

If it matters, I'm using i3wm, although it shouldn't make a difference. I've tried using xsetwacom and trying the fixes for aspect ratio on the wiki (as I thought this may be part of the problem) but it has had no effect.

#2 2018-08-01 04:47:05

MountainX

Re: Wacom touchscreen seems miscalibrated on thinkpad x220 tablet on X11

lukeoftheaura wrote:

The wacom touchscreen on my thinkpad X220t

I also have a ThinkPad X220 tablet running Arch. I have not been able to get the touchscreen working at all. However, if you tell me how you got yours working, I'll do the same steps and then try to help you in troubleshooting the calibration issue in case it helps to have another person with the same hardware trying things.

#3 2018-08-03 12:03:58

lukeoftheaura

MountainX wrote:
lukeoftheaura wrote:

I also have a ThinkPad X220 tablet running Arch. I have not been able to get the touchscreen working at all. However, if you tell me how you got yours working, I'll do the same steps and then try to help you in troubleshooting the calibration issue in case it helps to have another person with the same hardware trying things.

the touchscreen "just worked" for me after I installed wacom drivers, aside from this calibration issue

Last edited by lukeoftheaura (2018-08-03 12:11:31)

#4 2018-08-05 07:11:15

MountainX

lukeoftheaura wrote:
MountainX wrote:
lukeoftheaura wrote:

the touchscreen "just worked" for me after I installed wacom drivers, aside from this calibration issue

That's interesting. I am still not having success getting the touchscreen to work.

#5 2018-11-14 21:33:45

unknown_free_user

I just got my hands on a Thinkpad x200t and my touchscreen isn't working either, no matter how many times I load the wacom module on the kernel. Well, I shouldn't complain more about it in this thread but in my own (soon to be submitted) but if I get it working I'll see if I can calibrate it.

#6 2018-11-14 22:45:35

MountainX

unknown_free_user wrote:

I just got my hands on a Thinkpad x200t and my touchscreen isn't working either, no matter how many times I load the wacom module on the kernel. Well, I shouldn't complain more about it in this thread but in my own (soon to be submitted) but if I get it working I'll see if I can calibrate it.

I would llke to be notified when you find a solution.

#7 2018-11-14 23:12:56

unknown_free_user

I've fix my problem and I think MountainX's too.

First, the kernel module "wacom" is not enough, I have to load "wacom_w8001" too. I don't know if this can help lukeoftheaura too, perhaps a change in drivers makes your laptop know how to move the cursor? Don't know

Second, the two modules "wacom" and "wacom_w8001" were blacklisted in my /etc/modprobe.d/ and so I changed this and configured modprobe.d to load "wacom_w8001" at boot.

Now my stylus works like a charm, but I can't manage to reproduce lukeoftheaura's problem.

#8 2018-11-20 05:06:41

MountainX

unknown_free_user wrote:

I've fix my problem and I think MountainX's too.

Yes, that worked for me too. Thanks!

Board footer