You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-10 12:29:32

GOKOP

Flat-remix icon theme stopped working all of a sudden (Xfce4)

I use flat-remix icon theme and yesterday while doing something I noticed that thunar suddenly started using gnome icons. Icons on panels were still flat-remix but that's probably because of some cache because after I relogged no flat-remix icon was present. I tried reinstalling theme, downloading it from different sources (AUR, xfce4-look.org and gnome-look.org) but all of them (including "-Light" and "-Dark" versions) display gnome icons.
I haven't noticed this problem to happen with other icon themes (tested: Adwaita, Arc, High Contrast and Paper), but I think they may be using some of gnome icons where they shouldn't, but maybe they just don't have these icons, dunno. I can't uninstall gnome-icon-theme because regardless of what theme I'm currently using, pacman get's report from xfce4-settings that uninstalling gnome-icon-theme would break dependency 'gnome-icon-theme'.

Last edited by GOKOP (2018-08-10 12:29:47)

#2 2018-08-10 23:30:04

GOKOP

Re: Flat-remix icon theme stopped working all of a sudden (Xfce4)

Update here, I was kind of wrong. It's not just these icons, I tried using a few more icon themes and they appear to be completely broken despite having all the files required. I think It's just that I was lucky with these mentioned in OP. What's also interesting that they not only load icons from gnome icons but also from adwaita and some icons I don't even know where did they come from. Some icons don't load at all. That's really weird. Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Last edited by GOKOP (2018-08-10 23:30:36)

Board footer