You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-12 23:21:49

misterwhite

MySQL install/remove problem

Issue:

When doing a pacman -Syu, mysql turns up on the list. However, when trying to do an update, pacman reports an error, saying tons of mysql packages are in the system.

I can remove them, and then mysql will install with a pacman -S mysql. However I can't remove mysql with pacman, and the next time an upgrade comes along for it, i'm going to have this same issue again.

When I pacman -R mysql, pacman reports "removing ... done" with no mention of mysql. when 'installed', pacman -Q mysql lists nothing, but pacman -Qs lists both mysql 5.0.24-1 & mysql 5.0.23-1.

I believe that this issue came about when I installed amarok and ran out of space on the partition. Now, / lives on a larger partiton. I ran into a few other issues like the above, where packages had leftover files and reported errors, but simply deleting the offending files and worked fine.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: pacman -Sf mysql WILL force the install, but I still run into the same issues when trying to get rid of it, or upgrade (at least it did last time with the upgrade)

#2 2006-08-13 02:11:02

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: MySQL install/remove problem

Probably your db got messed up when you ran out of space.  Do:

rm -r /var/lib/pacman/local/mysql-5.0.23-1
rm -r /var/lib/pacman/local/mysql-5.0.24-1
pacman -Sf mysql

It will clean the db and reinstall mysql properly.

#3 2006-08-13 02:13:42

misterwhite

Re: MySQL install/remove problem

champion. fix-ED

Board footer