You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-17 17:35:59

Doron.Behar

Trouble building several AUR packages which use gnulib

I've recently decided to move all of my AUR builds to a dedicated VPS and create a personal repository. I've started encountering similar errors when building several GNU packages, all errors are in a similar format and they seem to come somehow from GNUlib,

Here is the error from trying to build gcal:

fseeko.c: In function 'rpl_fseeko':
fseeko.c:110:4: error: #error "Please port gnulib fseeko.c to your platform! Look at the code in fseeko.c, then report this to bug-gnulib."
   #error "Please port gnulib fseeko.c to your platform! Look at the code in fseeko.c, then report this to bug-gnulib."
    ^~~~~

And this one is from trying to build idutils:

fseterr.c: In function 'fseterr':
fseterr.c:74:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib fseterr.c to your platform! Look at the definitions of ferror and clearerr on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
  #error "Please port gnulib fseterr.c to your platform! Look at the definitions of ferror and clearerr on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
   ^~~~~

Any Ideas?

#2 2018-09-17 18:28:23

loqs

Re: Trouble building several AUR packages which use gnulib

#3 2018-09-17 18:54:12

eschwartz
Fellow

This happens because gnulib is terrible, and also because the vendored copies of gnulib in all these projects are using old gnulib commits that use undocumented, non-public-API aspects of glibc.

Please report upstream bugs for all these packages, asking the developers to update their vendored gnulib.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#4 2018-09-18 08:09:01

Doron.Behar

`idutils` seems to be really unmaintained so I'll find a replacement but I hope to get some attention at the gcal mailing lists instead of using the patch.

Thank you both.

Board footer