You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-24 05:38:04

medicineman25

[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue

Whilst running simplicitystudio3 (based on Eclipse) I have had random core dumps at random intervals. Nothing in particular seems to trigger this crash, it seems to have tantrum when it feels like it...

Here is the error:

[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
studio: xcb_io.c:259: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

System info:

Arch64
LXDM
X11
LXDE (GTK2)

Having trawled the interwebz I have seen mention of this issue occuring specifically within X, as it is not thread safe. Further, there is speak of not having these issues with Wayland.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

MM25

Last edited by medicineman25 (2018-09-24 07:28:40)

#2 2018-09-26 02:08:48

medicineman25

Re: [xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue

[BUMP] Any help with this would be appreciated. Program is still crashing.

#3 2018-09-26 07:26:39

seth

a) don't bump. please read the coc. on the newbie corner.
b) the error message is more than clear, the internet is full of it and especially in relation to java (and eclipse).
You can try to switch the java implementation (OpenJDK ./. Oracle; version) to avoid it.
But you should also file a bug - idk enough to say whether java should take care of this automagically or it's the clients responsibility, but it can seriously not be soo hard to declare that ones program is going to speak to the X11 server from multiple threads. grumpf.

Of course *this* error will not show up on wayland as it is specific to the X11 protocol.

#4 2018-10-05 05:42:19

medicineman25

Apologies, I had forgotten about that rule in the coc, won't happen again.

Yeh I've seen is all over but most of the talk is implementation level, I just wanted to see if there was a library or package that I was missing as a first point of call before raising a bug. Will definitely hit up the appropriate devs.

Also definitely feeling the grumpf with X, been learning about window managers recently and I'm just constantly shaking my head. #LongLiveWeston

#5 2018-10-05 06:23:13

seth

This was more of a java / java developers "grumpf"… it's by no stretch a problem w/ X11 in this case.

Board footer