You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-30 17:25:30

alcros33

Alienware 15R2 Not switching to external microphone

My laptop has an intern microphone that works properly,
I have a headset Logitech G233 pluged in using a splitter to separate microphone and headphone jacks (my laptop still has separate jacks).

I'm trying to use discord, but no matter what I do the audio input is always the intern microphone (I can know which mic is active by tapping the mic or slightly scratching it with my finger and watching when does it registers sound).

I know its not a hardware issue beacause it works properly on windows.

I have tried moving turning things on and off in alsamixer  (for example selecting AMic1/DMic Auto Detec) with no results, the microphone is always internal one.
(Please Know, I have already watched the wiki entry for my laptop and tried whats in there, no improvement)

Even in my desktop (KDE Plasma) it displays "microphone" instead of "intern microphone" https://imgur.com/wacrdVO.

Some outpus (please ask for more outputs as I really don't know which may be useful).

$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CA0132 Analog [CA0132 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: CA0132 Analog Mic-In2 [CA0132 Analog Mic-In2]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 4: CA0132 What U Hear [CA0132 What U Hear]
$ lspci | grep Audio
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)

#2 2018-10-01 21:29:07

Conmanx360

Re: Alienware 15R2 Not switching to external microphone

So, it looks like your laptop is a ca0132 based device. I have someone else who has this same issue with an Alienware laptop as well.

I've done quite a bit of work with the ca0132, and I can probably get a driver fix written up (I suspect that's what's necessary) if you could get me a dump of how it behaves in Windows from within a virtual machine. If you're willing to do this, you'll need to use my program QemuHDADump to get the data. It can be found here:  QemuHDADump

A guide to using it can be found here: QemuHDADump Guide

Let me know. I'm willing to help. You'll need a dump of switching between the digital mic, and the external analog mic.

Board footer