You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-01 08:22:51

Crouze

[SOLVED] Auracle (and Cower) not honouring IgnorePkg directive

Hi all,

I'm a happy user of qtpad-git, which due to an unfortunate versioning method my system keeps telling me I should upgrade it (but it's up to date already). I know this is another discussion I'm not interested going in to. I just want to ignore qtpad-git from my update notifications.

I have therefore added IgnorePkg=qtpad-git to /etc/pacman.conf. This is honoured by Aura (for instance), so no issues there.

However, Auracle (and Cower before I switched) don't seem to. An auracle sync command still returns "qtpad-git r190.108b09c-1 -> 0-1". This is annoying, aarchup uses auracle to query the AUR repository and now prompts me every hour to upgrade qtpad-git... :-(

Anyone in the know what is going on here? I'm pretty sure adding an IgnorePkg line to pacman.conf ought to have worked?

Thanks,
Marco

Last edited by Crouze (2018-10-03 09:47:44)

#2 2018-10-02 22:29:09

Stefan Husmann

Re: [SOLVED] Auracle (and Cower) not honouring IgnorePkg directive

Well, building an AUR package and installing it are two things. auracle is about building, and obviously thinks that there is an update for qtpad-git available.

If you build qtpad-git and keep the entry for IgnorePkg, pacman will refuse to install it. That's it. pacman does not care about AUR-packages.

You could just build and install qtpad-git again. The issue should vanish then.

You could also file an feature request for auracle.

#3 2018-10-03 09:44:10

Crouze

It's all much clearer now. I was under the impression that auracle *did* honour IgnorePkg, I'm quite sure aarchup in the past would not show AUR packages listen in IgnorePkg, or maybe I was just thinking that. Confusion cleared and problem solved, in the end I just ditched aarchup and scripted my own notifier which does honour IgnorePkg for AUR packages.

Judging from the reaction by the auracle developer (on Github), I don't think he is too willing to add the feature, which is all fine by me.

Thanks

Last edited by Crouze (2018-10-03 09:49:24)

#4 2018-10-03 13:50:02

eschwartz
Fellow

Well, also there's something seriously wrong with this package: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/ … 69177bb555

So at one point it was version 1.0.0, then the developer "fixed" that by downgrading it to version 0, then the current version is 0.1.1 except it has not been tagged in git, only released to PyPI... so the PKGBUILD cannot detect this new version?

Aside: it really irks me when people create git PKGBUILDs but pin the pkgver to 0 with the bizarre logic that they only ever want it to be updated on users' machines when running makepkg.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer