You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 00:04:11

light-tuna

Gimp freezes shortly after using Wacom tablet

Hello!

I'm using Gimp 2.10 on Gnome 3.30.1 and I'm having a few issues! It seems that whenever I use my Wacom tablet, Gimp will eventually freeze after ~3 minutes of use and only allow me to use my tablet on the image I'm working on. I'm unable to click on anything else with either my mouse or tablet, and I'm virtually forced to restart Gimp. Keyboard shortcuts still work, but I'm unable to click on anything but the canvas, and that only works with the tablet.

I've configured my tablet through the GUI in Gnome's settings panel.

Is this a bug, or is it something I'm able to fix?

#2 2018-10-05 00:24:45

light-tuna

Re: Gimp freezes shortly after using Wacom tablet

I fixed it!

Navigated to ~/.config and renamed GIMP, generating a new one. Went under Gimp's input devices and noticed all the Wayland entries went away (I had recently edited my xorg.conf to stop using wayland due to my Nvidia drivers), which I assume was the cause of my problem. Also, Gimp runs much faster now.

It sucks to have to start over, but hopefully someone else having the same problem will see this :3

#3 2018-10-06 04:06:13

light-tuna

Re: Gimp freezes shortly after using Wacom tablet

Update: I spoke too soon, after some use I've found that the issue still isn't solved. I've gone through this process a few times and tried reproducing the issue and found that it only happens if I have my tablet enabled in Gimp's "Input devices" panel.

I've noticed that pressing alt + any key to get into a menu will cause it to work normally (I'm able to click outside the canvas, and with more than just my tablet), but Gimp will "freeze up" again after a few minutes of use.

I've deleted Gimp's .config folder, run a full system upgrade, and restarted my machine a few times but the issue persists;;

Last edited by light-tuna (2018-10-06 04:07:12)

Board footer