You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-10 14:46:34

endeppa

Unable to contact Rocket League servers, please try again later.

Hello! I'm new to these forums. So I apologize if these are the wrong forums to use for this topic, but I haven't found help anywhere else. Any help at all, even if you just redirect me elsewhere, would be greatly appreciated!

I've come across a strange issue when playing Rocket League on Arch Linux via Steam Play. Using my Windows' Steam library as a source. Rocket League on Windows runs just fine. On WINE it experiences a few issues such as network lag, and the port to Linux isn't too stable for my setup. Steam Play runs it at as close to Windows' performance than any other setup, with the small problem that in-game I'm unable to connect to any of the servers.

I had initially thought that it might've just been the version of Steam Play, so I changed that, with the same results. Then I thought that perhaps it's the different way Linux uses time to Windows throwing off how it connects to the servers. So I switched to using the RTC as localtime like Windows, but again the results were the same.

Before all this, however, I had read that maybe it's because the files for Rocket League are corrupted, so I let it verify its integrity, which ended up redownloading all of the game, and corrupting all the files. So I reinstalled it on Windows, switched back to Linux, and re-enabled Steam Play, which updated a few megabytes of data in the game. It ran like normal again, but with the same network problem.

This is the error I see.
Strangely enough, it can read the players online, but it can't contact the servers at all.

I'm currently dualbooting the latest version of Arch Linux (10GB partition) alongside my Windows installation, with Windows (109GB partition) mounted inside of Linux that Steam uses as its own library. To save space, and to experiment with playing games in Linux while leaving my Windows installation intact with its games.

Thank you for reading, and for any help you can provide.

Board footer