You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-15 21:45:01

derelict

Anyone able to compile mute p2p?

I've been pulling my hair out over this. I've seen requests for this package and I thought I'd try to make one. I can't even get it to compile.  Even following the guidelines on http://board.planetpeer.de/index.php/topic,338.0.html doesn't help. When I do

./runToBuild

I get a lot of warnings and errors but none great enough that it exits the process.

My understanding is that after the process is finished there should be an executable somewhere, but there is not. There are additional makefiles in several directories but none of these compile either.

This is perhaps a bad project for my first submittal to AUR. I have yet to compile anything successfully in ARCH. Is this due to differences in the filesystem hierarchy compared to LSB? I don't even know where to start.

Thanks for any help.

#2 2006-08-15 22:31:51

derelict

Re: Anyone able to compile mute p2p?

It seems none of the libs are compiled correctly. Neither gui nor text mode can compile without the proper libs. The libs don't compile due to problems to crypto problems. From the changelog at http://mute-net.cvs.sourceforge.net/mut … iew=markup:

Final version of changelog for 0.5

1 Version 0.5    2006-June-6
    3 --Fixed a minorGems SimpleVector compilation bug on newer versions of gcc.
    5 --Upgraded to Crypto++ v5.2.1 (patched to work with GCC 4.0).  MUTE should
    6   now compile using GCC 4.0

Apparently it is still not able to compile with gcc 4.1. Why on earth would it make so much difference? It would seem to me that this is very fragile code if minor versions of gcc break it. Ideally I should be able to able to compile it with a gcc as low as version 2.95.3.

Optimize the compiler, optimize the code. Whatever you do, please do not write code specified for one compiler. How frustrating...javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

Board footer