You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-02 10:57:53

levinus

Can't print with cups anymore - jobs stop at 28%

Hey everyone,
I have ArchLinux installed for some time on my notebook and printing to my Canon PIXMA MX725 with cups over the network always worked fine. I used the ipp:// address that was found by the cups network scanner and the usual MX725 driver . The printer has a static IPv4 address which is also configured in my local resolver with the domain name cups uses.
Some weeks ago I tried to print (from Okular and LibreOffice) but it didn't work. The cups webinterface showed that the printer was stopped with Status rendering completed. The wiki said that this could be because of missing ink. And indeed, there was a ink container (the big black one) empty. I refilled but this problem wasn't solved. If I try to print anything from cups (even the test page) the print job is sent to the printer but just before the printer actually starts printing he stops. The webinterface shows the progress at 27%. After some time the printer does one "swipe" and stops again. This can repeat 2-3 times and the progress is at ~28%. After some time the job probably times out and is pending ("Unable to add document to print job.") and the printer is in the status Paused - "Rendering completed". Printing works from my phone perfectly fine and also from the same machine with Windows. I don't know what to try anymore.
I already tried:
- Resetting the printer
- Reinstalling cups and gutenprint (I don't think it really worked, didn't get all of the configuration files deleted)
- Disabling iptables
- Using different drivers
- Installing aur packages like cnijfilter-common to get official drivers but they didn't show up in cups and I couldn't find them anywhere else
- Deleting and re-adding the printer (also with the detected dnssd:// address)
- Replacing all ink cartridges (according to the wiki)
I couldn't find much about this on the internet.
Has anyone an idea why this doesn't work and what I could do to solve this problem?
Greetings,
Levin

#2 2018-11-02 12:40:03

seth

#3 2018-11-02 14:44:14

levinus

Re: Can't print with cups anymore - jobs stop at 28%

I don't have the problem described in this thread or in any of those linked. As I wrote in the OP my printer has a static IP (192.168.178.3) and the hostname that cups uses (8A1F0F000000.local) is resolved by my local DNS resolver to the static IP. I can ping this IP and this hostname from any device in my local network. Also, the cups is able to find the printer. You can see a (pretty long) log of a failed job here: https://hastebin.com/cowixumera.pl
The error itself is shown in line 2501 and after that. I also tried searching for those errors but didn't find anything helpful.
Greetings,
Levin

Board footer