You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-18 11:33:26

firedance

Updating on slow connection

Hi, today my connection to the net is very slow because we are using it alot right now. But I still want to update my computer with pacman. The problem is that very often pacmans downloading drops to 0.0K/s and does not download anything at all, and it does not seem to reconnect, so it just stays at 0.0K/s forever, the only way to restart the download is to restart pacman. Is this a bug in pacman or is something wrong with my configuration?

-- Edit --
I started looking at the pacman source and found that if no XferCommand is set it will download using FtpGet - I'll try changing XferCommand to use wget.

Btw, since i don't get any  "nfailed downloading %s from %s: %sn" I am guessing there is something wroing with the FtpGet command

#2 2006-08-29 17:19:16

Radek
Website

Re: Updating on slow connection

I think, I have the same problem. I have 3 computers connected to the Internet via Linksys Router: one works on WinXP, one on Ubuntu, and my computer works on Arch. When I start p2p on computer with Windows, apt-get, pacman and others downloaders (http, ftp, scp, etc) drops to 0.0KB/s and only way I found is to restart downloading in programs like gwget, kget and restart pacman/apt-get. Even IM works bad! I found that if I close p2p everything works good. Maybe - if you are in LAN network - somebody started using some p2p dowloaders?

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
Richard P. Feynman.

Board footer