You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-20 12:32:27

GoatWarning

Mute button does not interact with ALSA after suspend

I'm using KDE Plasma and pulseaudio on a HP 6730b laptop. The mute button of the laptop works fine after a reboot, but stops working when I resume from suspend. Suspending does not affect the volume up or down touch slider of the laptop.

I think this has worked correctly before, but I don't know what update made it stop working. I noticed the problem last week.

What could be the problem?

EDIT: Oh stupid me, why I didn't test it with actual audio. The mute button does work after suspend, but it does not interact with the volume indicator of Plasma or alsamixer.

Before suspend mute button works correctly.

After suspend it works like this:

• I can mute the audio with the mute button, but the mute state does not change on the Plasma volume indicator or alsamixer.

• If audio is muted with the Plasma volume indicator or alsamixer, I can not unmute it with the mute button.

• I can unmute the audio with Plasma volume indicator or alsamixer even if I have muted it with the mute button

May it be that somehow after I suspend the computer, the connection between alsa and the mute button breaks?

Maybe this topic needs to be relocated to Laptop issues or Multimedia and Games.

Last edited by GoatWarning (2018-11-21 15:09:38)

Board footer