You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-22 08:01:03

aksdb

KDE Plasma: List of panels?

I regularly switch between different external monitors.
Apparently, panels I create in plasma are tied to a specific monitor. At least I had it several times, that a panel isn't there on a (new) monitor and I have to create a new one.
Is there somewhere a list of "hidden" panels? Preferably with a way to move them? (XFCE has something like that.)

One time it hit me even worse: a panel contained the Global Menu, but the panel vanished. So I had no menu anymore and wasn't able to get rid of the global menu. I had to wipe my KDE config and start fresh.

#2 2018-11-22 08:54:20

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: KDE Plasma: List of panels?

qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell org.kde.PlasmaShell.dumpCurrentLayoutJS 

for a list of currently active widgets/panels. Afaik that should also contain facilities to move and edit plasmoids not on my Arch so can't give specific examples, qdbus supports TAB completion though so look through the additional options at the qdbus org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell path

FWIW you might be interested in reading https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Adm … pScripting

Last edited by V1del (2018-11-22 09:11:37)

#3 2018-11-22 20:04:49

aksdb

Re: KDE Plasma: List of panels?

Interesting. Although I'm a bit shocked that there is no UI for it. Guess I will have to develop a little utility around this API. Thanks for pointing it out :-)

Board footer