You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-04 14:22:17

kurt

[solved] kactivitymanagerd closed unexpectedly

I was moving a file to my NAS when dolphin froze. I gave it 10mins and still not response so I clicked the X to close window. This replied that dolphin was not responding and so I click the terminate application. Dolphin did not terminate. Again I waited 10mins just in case and then I tried to kill dolphin from the command line. This also did not work. So in desparation I tried a reboot but this just hanged so so I hit the power button.

PC reboots OK but when I login I get "kactivitymanagerd Closed Unexpectedly" messages pop up repeatedly every second.

I tried

a) To turn off remember in System Settings -> Workspace -> Activities -> Privacy
b) In same place to clear everything.
c) Delete the database in ~/.local/shares/kactivitymanagerd/resources

However the problem seems more wide spread. I thought I would try to reinstall kactivitymanagerd. However this fails with

error: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine
error: kactivitymanagerd: missing required signature

This happens when I try to install anything. I tried plasma-workspace and firefox. (I've also deleted my pacman cache so it downloads a fresh copy)

Firefox wont start. It failes with
XPCOMGlueload error for file /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so:
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0: file too short
Couldnt load XPCOM

I get the same error (/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0: file too short) whilst trying to start xnviewmp. So maybe a database thing. I have no idea

But other things run fine i.e. dolphin, systemsettings, kinfocentre, kate, ark, yakuake.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kurt (2018-12-04 17:34:14)

#2 2018-12-04 17:33:54

kurt

Re: [solved] kactivitymanagerd closed unexpectedly

Solved (Although not sure how tidy or how recommended)

It apprears my sqllite install had become corrupted - Don't know how but there you go.

I tried to use pacman to reinstall but it failed due to the

rror: GPGME error: Invalid crypto engine
error: kactivitymanagerd: missing required signature

errors. Again I surmised this was due to sqlite being screwed. pacman did however download the install file. So I told it not to delete it (it thought it was corrupted due to the above error)

I then used pacman -U <path to the downloaded file>. This failed due to file conflicts. Files already in the filesystem.

So here is where I probably did something thats not recommended. I used the --overwrite to overwrite the existing files. pacman installed sqlite OK and after a reboot all is OK. firefox starts OK. libreoffice starts OK etc.

I'll mark this as solved but not sure if what I did can be recommended.

Board footer