You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-10 05:18:17

jordicg
Website

Fman filemanager in MATE Desktop

Hello everyone.-

I have installed correctly fman filemanager on MATE and i like it a lot but is there a way to integrate it with MATE by default? I have tried "Prefered Aplications" and under System->File Manager fman doesnt show sad It works correctly but i would like a better integration. Thank you !!!

With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

#2 2018-12-10 16:47:16

Stefan Husmann

Re: Fman filemanager in MATE Desktop

It is closed source, so you might better buy a license and ask upstream. Maybe it just about adding a desktop file with the correct categories.

But  how did you install it. I just saw that the package in AUR does somesthing strange. I downloads a package for pacman, extracts it and makes again a package from it. smile

#3 2018-12-11 00:37:23

jordicg
Website

Re: Fman filemanager in MATE Desktop

Stefan Husmann wrote:

It is closed source, so you might better buy a license and ask upstream. Maybe it just about adding a desktop file with the correct categories.

But  how did you install it. I just saw that the package in AUR does somesthing strange. I downloads a package for pacman, extracts it and makes again a package from it. smile

I didnt install from AUR, coudnt, becouse as you say its strange, i dont remember if i installed it from the normal packages or from the website, but not from AUR. wink

Anyway whatever the package does, i think it tries, to auto-update itself, some people dont like this, but i think that the developer is good, a little lack of understanding in pacman, etc, but i dont think he is upto something strange doing that.

With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

Board footer