You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-14 18:06:31

rebootl
Website

[RESOLVED] atom editor high cpu usage

Hello

After yesterday's update I noticed that my atom editor has an abnormally high cpu usage (100%). It's actually an electron process as in:

11147 ?        Rl     0:25 /usr/lib/electron/electron /usr/lib/atom/src/task-bootstrap.js /home/cem/.atom/compile-cache /usr/lib/atom/node_modules/fuzzy-finder [...]

But downgrading one or two or even more versions of electron and atom doesn't solve the issue unfortunately. It may be that the issue is there already longer and I didn't notice it. I also tried purging (-Rns) and reinstalling without effect.

Tho I found out that removing ~/config/Atom does solve the issue for one start of atom, then it reappears.

I tried building atom-editor-git from AUR but it fails with a load of errors. The issue is the same in KDE and i3.

Anyone having the same issue?

I'm out of ideas somewhat...

Edit: Solved it by renaming ~/.atom, returning to a clean config. Apparently the actual config stuff is there in addition to some stuff in ~/.config/Atom. I just missed that. This was helpful: https://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-a … debugging/

Last edited by rebootl (2018-12-15 23:16:16)

Personal website: reboot.li
GitHub: github.com/rebootl

Board footer