You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-18 08:22:08

MrLinuxFish

Thinkpad x200 mute, brightness, and thinkvantage keys broken [solved]

A while ago, my mute button stopped working. I decided it wasn't a huge deal because the 'thinkvantage' button still worked so I ended up binding that button to my mute button in my i3 config. I looked at how to fix the problem of the mute button not working but I could not find any information. The arch wiki makes it seem like a broken mute button is just normal and I should just deal with it (although this is strange because it did work in the past).

I just recently decided to calibrate powertop using the --calibrate switch. After running the calibration, I can no longer change the brightness using the brightness keys on the keyboard. I can change the backlight using xbacklight at least.

I have tried the following kernel parameters, but none have fixed the problem.

acpi_osi="!Windows 2012"
acpi_osi="Linux"

I tried checking dmesg

dmesg |grep acpi
thinkpad_acpi: Disabling thinkpad-acpi brightness events by default

I have tried adding this line to modprobe.conf

options thinkpad-acpi brightness-mode=1

Lastly, I have tried masking the systemd-backlight service for the intel_backlight.service because I have both acpi_video0 and intel_backlight in /sys/class/backlight/

What can I do to try and fix these problems. I think there is a problem with my xmodmap or something like that, but I'm not getting any events when I run xev and press any of the affected buttons.

Edit: after running pacman -Syu to update the system, it is working correctly. It decided to not go into sleep until after I did a reboot.

Last edited by MrLinuxFish (2018-12-18 23:31:47)

Board footer