You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-21 23:38:04

luisrobles

[SOLVED]What happens with Alacarte?

Hi, my question is: What happens with Alacarte? exist other menu editor for gnome?
From AUR the package doesn't work at all...

COMPAQ V2417LA NOTEBOOK powered by Arch Linux:
AMD Sempron 3000+ | 512MB 333DDR | HD 60GB | 14'' WXGA Wide | DVD+-RW | Logitech MX510 RED.

[ NOKIA N-gage QD ]
[ PALM Tungsten T2 ]

#2 2006-08-22 01:08:14

CavalierBob

Re: [SOLVED]What happens with Alacarte?

What happens with Alacarte? exist other menu editor for gnome?

I think you are asking if Alacarte disables the menu editor that comes with Gnome. If that is indeed your question, my experience is that Alacarte does disable functionality of the Gnome menu editor.

From AUR the package doesn't work at all...

That has been my experience as well. If you read the notes for the Alacarte package at AUR you will see others have similar problems. For some, it works (?).

One option might be to try to make your own 0.8 PKGBUILD (rather than the current 0.9) from the information in the comments. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Bob

#3 2006-08-22 06:39:12

pressh
Developer/TU

Alacarte works for some, for some it doesn't. Not only on Arch, on other distros (also ubuntu) as well. So far nobody found the magic behind this.
Speaking about alacarte, AFAIK gnome adopted it for the 2.16 release, so I assume that this should in time increase the quality of alacarte.
As I'm the maintainer of alacarte in AUR, I'm one of the lucky ones for who it just works. That said it is impossible for me to find out why it does not work for you guys.

As the previous poster told you, you can either try to patch the 0.9 version so it starts working for everyone, or try the 0.8 release.

#4 2006-08-22 15:55:16

majikstreet

maybe the developer of alacarte may be able to help figure this out? He hangs out in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net a lot, btw. his username is Amaranth

arooaroo wrote:
syd wrote:

Here in NZ we cant spell words with more than 5 letters. So color will have to do.

You must be very special then because "letters" has 7 tongue

Board footer