You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-09 12:41:44

tick1020

[Solved] A way to track a dep back to an explicitly installed pkg???

I know this seems like a really silly issue and I don't see how I'm unable to find an answer anywhere I've looked... But anyway, the issue is this. Basically, I've noticed that somewhere along the line the qt5-base and a bunch of qt libs were installed as deps for something I have on my system... And I had been really careful throughout this machines lifetime to stick to gtk applications only. I'm doing some testing with other things I didn't want any of the Qt libraries installed. I need to figure out the explicitly installed pkg that caused these pkgs to end up on my system... So far I've found a few utilities to help me including pactree, but even pactree -r qt5-base lists a whole bunch of pkgs that weren't explicitly installed.

There has to be a simpler way of doing this, I'm resorting to writing a script to continue along the list with pactree -r until I find the pkg i've actually installed... Any ideas? Please tell me I'm missing some obvious way to do this. I'm working on the script now but I figured I would ask here in the meantime...

Last edited by tick1020 (2019-03-09 01:58:21)

#2 2019-01-09 13:13:03

schard
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: [Solved] A way to track a dep back to an explicitly installed pkg???

Try

comm -12 <(pactree -ru <package> | sort) <(pacman -Qeq | sort)

for explicit packages only.

Last edited by schard (2019-01-09 13:20:36)

macro_rules! yolo { { $($tokens:tt)* } => { unsafe { $($tokens)* } }; }

Board footer