You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-13 02:06:38

thenephilimreturn

[Solved] Rhythmbox & gtkpod crash when using iPod Classic after update

I've been using Rhythmbox with my iPod Classic (a last generation model) for about a year without any issues. Without issues, that is, until today.

Whenever I start Rhythmbox, everything works fine. However, after updating my computer today, whenever I attempt to select my iPod Classic for use, the program hangs for a couple seconds and then crashes, with the terminal receiving the following error:

Bus error (core dumped)

I ran Rhythmbox with sudo to see what would happen there, and I received a "Segmentation fault" error (although, in this case, it is very sporadic, and sometimes the program starts with no issue, except for the fact that it doesn't recognize the iPod and I can't enable the "Portable Players - iPod" plugin either).
I decided to check another program (gtkpod) to see if it was possibly just something with Rhythmbox. However, as soon as I started up gtkpod, I receive the same output as Rhythmbox.

I tried downgrading both programs, and I received the same results as with the up to date programs. As I said, I have never had these issues before (although I have had issues with gtkpod in the past when I attempt to change the default settings). It might be worth mentioning that I'm using Openbox and not Gnome; is it possible that this is the reason these programs are crashing? Could it be an issue with my iPod? I've been looking for possible solutions all day, and have not been able to determine a reason that this is occurring.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the version of Rhythmbox I'm using is 3.4.3-1 and the version of gtkpod I'm using is 2.1.5-4, and this might be relevant to mention.

Last edited by thenephilimreturn (2019-01-13 18:52:50)

#2 2019-01-13 18:50:41

thenephilimreturn

Re: [Solved] Rhythmbox & gtkpod crash when using iPod Classic after update

Update: This morning I tried using these two programs and they both worked without issue. Seems to be solved (although I haven't a clue how; I did reboot after the updates, and it still didn't work last night), but I'll mark this solved.

Last edited by thenephilimreturn (2019-01-13 18:52:18)

#3 2019-01-13 18:51:25

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

You can mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2019-01-13 18:52:37

thenephilimreturn

jasonwryan wrote:

You can mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Alright, thank you.

Board footer