You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-17 18:57:53

highptcr

chamfer - a tiling X11 WM with vulkan compositor

The chamfer WM project started as an attempt to create a tiling window manager with an integrated Vulkan compositor. The shader based window decoration allows the user to play with completely arbitrary borders, gaps and shading effects. The window manager itself gets some of its inspiration from the i3wm, with some added features such as overlapping and layout fixed resizing within containers. Configuration is handled with a python script, where per-client and container level flexibility is provided. The WM is currently under active development, and closing point where many may consider it suitable for primary working environment.

github
AUR

http://users.jyu.fi/~jaelpark/gitres/sc … mfer-1.jpg

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2019-01-17 19:06:30)

#2 2019-01-17 19:06:45

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Re: chamfer - a tiling X11 WM with vulkan compositor

Please read the Code of Conduct and post only thumbnails or links to images.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

#3 2020-10-26 19:46:45

DarioP

Hello!

I only speak for myself, still, as member of the Arch Community, I apologize for the ice-cold-welcoming response to your project.

This is great pioneering work, and while one may or may not like your personal touch, the technical value stands undisputed.
I would love reading a dev-(b)log on the project, with a chance of getting exposed to the core issues, decisions and solutions.

I know that this response comes with a delay of almost two years, but I hope it could be at least slightly motivating.

Cheers

#4 2020-10-26 22:32:41

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

The OP has not been back since January 2019, so I am going to consider this thread abandoned and close it.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer