You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-01 06:18:55

lightern

Start on login didn't work anymore (Wayland), wiki needs fix?

Hi,

I got this strange problem some one month ago (I guess) but didn't have time to fix it until now. The problem was that my start on login didn't suddenly work anymore. I was using this in my .bash_profile (from wiki):

if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] && [[ $(tty) = /dev/tty1 ]] && [[ -z $XDG_SESSION_TYPE ]]; then
  XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland exec dbus-run-session gnome-session
fi

Now I changed it to this and it works:

if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] && [[ $(tty) = /dev/tty1 ]] && [[ $XDG_SESSION_TYPE = tty ]]; then
  XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland exec dbus-run-session gnome-session
fi

Note that I'm not using QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland in purpose. My keyboard's backlight doesn't work right if I use that.

My point is: the old condition [[ -z $XDG_SESSION_TYPE ]] is still in wiki page (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … d_sessions) and it had stopped working at least for me. This may lead to great confusion among newbies. Could someone please check if they get similar results or is it just me?

P.S. Sorry, I noticed I posted this under GNU/Linux, while I was looking for GNOME. Maybe I'm a bit too tired smile

Last edited by lightern (2019-02-01 06:21:02)

#2 2019-02-01 10:47:25

Lone_Wolf

Re: Start on login didn't work anymore (Wayland), wiki needs fix?

Looks like you added a note about this to the wiki yourself.

You can request the thread to be moved, just use the Report button.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer