You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi,
I am in pretty bad situation with this laptop - 13,9" 4K touch screen which pretty much prevents me from installing back Arch and i3wm. Right after booting, it forces console on 4K and it looks awful, like, I cannot really read anything (partially because of eyes condition in my age). That is why I came here searching for help from you with this questions:
1) How to run installer to work in 1920x1080. My last laptop was 15,1" 1080p and it was perfect, here should be same.
2) After I manage to install OS with XWindow and i3wm, how to force it to work in only 1080p (eventually how to force system to use 4K with 200% scaling, including console).
For second option with scaling, I tried Debian Live and console was not scaled at all.
As terminal I am normally using Terminator.
As shell - zsh
This is for now, I know your help will be amazing and it will work (you people saved my life before) so if something comes by later on, will just continue this topic.
Thanks a lot!
Michael
AMD Ryzen 2600x | RTX 2070 | Arch KDE
Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB | 4K touch display | Working on arch...
C# Dev, trying to learn python.
Offline
Read these articles, for initial setup/console boot:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hi … ux_console
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … s_and_EDID
And more generally once you have a graphical environment:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
That should cover most of what you are asking here.
Last edited by V1del (2019-02-07 12:08:32)
Offline
Read these articles, for initial setup/console boot:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hi … ux_console
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … s_and_EDIDAnd more generally once you have a graphical environment:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
That should cover most of what you are asking here.
Thanks a lot, that is amazing knowledge base.
AMD Ryzen 2600x | RTX 2070 | Arch KDE
Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB | 4K touch display | Working on arch...
C# Dev, trying to learn python.
Offline
Pages: 1