You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-16 13:27:19

huiUshastiy

How to connect plugins to the jack and output the sound to the speaker

I followed these instructions https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/JA … ection_Kit and ran the jack through the console. Now I don’t know what to do because there are no instructions and the graphical program is incomprehensible. What to do? I downloaded the calf plugin package I want to use

#2 2019-02-16 13:49:24

Morn

Re: How to connect plugins to the jack and output the sound to the speaker

I always use qjackctl to start jack and connect everything together. You may also need a2jmidid for applications that use ALSA MIDI. Which graphical program are you referring to?

#3 2019-02-16 13:58:13

huiUshastiy

Morn wrote:

I always use qjackctl to start jack and connect everything together. You may also need a2jmidid for applications that use ALSA MIDI. Which graphical program are you referring to?

I run qjackctl. There is a patchbay setting, but when I select a device there, nothing changes and the sound from the microphone is not heard in the speakers

#4 2019-02-16 14:18:16

Morn

Use the graph, not the patch bay! Create connections by dragging, e.g. from your MIDI keyboard to the synth, from the synth to your Calf effect(s), and then to the system sink (the speaker). The patch bay is mainly for loading and saving configs I think.

#5 2019-02-16 14:47:31

huiUshastiy

Morn wrote:

Use the graph, not the patch bay! Create connections by dragging, e.g. from your MIDI keyboard to the synth, from the synth to your Calf effect(s), and then to the system sink (the speaker). The patch bay is mainly for loading and saving configs I think.

Yes.
https://i.imgur.com/PvnUogq.jpg
I did it and still do not hear anything in the columns. I tried to connect in two different versions, but again to no avail. Why is the sound from the microphone on the speakers?

moderator edit -- replaced oversized image with link.
Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2019-02-16 14:50:35)

#6 2019-02-16 15:09:09

Morn

Perhaps  you need to enable the mike in pavucontrol? Its volume might be set to zero.

But I use JACK for MIDI synthesis, so I have no experience with the capture device...

Edit: Maybe connecting the mike directly to a speaker does not work, perhaps you always need an application in the middle to transport the data from A to B.

Last edited by Morn (2019-02-16 15:49:14)

Board footer