You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 19:35:45

Bin Joker

[SOLVED]Accident during -Syu and does not boot correctly

Well, first good afternoon.
This morning I started an update since I had not used Arch for months, so during the "pacman -Syu" command the system blocked (login screen again) and whenever I typed the password I would return to that screen, ie I would never know the status of my att. I left the PC there and when I came back it was suspended so I called and it was still bugged, I decided to reboot (I pressed the "POWER" button and I called again) ... I came across "starting version 239" and it stays there forever. I downgraded through the arch live I changed from kernel 4.20 to 4.18 and then to 4.14 and nothing.
In the end, in kernel 20 it is in "Starting version 239" while in 4.18 and 4.14 it locks in the part of image down.
The linux headers is 4.20 since I can not access the internet by the arch I did not test with others and did not try another -Syu by the chroot.

(Started User Manager for UID 120)
https://imgur.com/a/SiIxuc9

I've tried a spade of things and nothing. I'm almost reinstalling everything, but when I think of the hassle I'll have to reinstall all the softs already I want to change system.

Thx and help me pls.

Last edited by Bin Joker (2019-02-26 00:19:11)

#2 2019-02-25 19:49:42

loqs

Re: [SOLVED]Accident during -Syu and does not boot correctly

Welcome to the arch linux forums Bin Joker.

Bin Joker wrote:

I've tried a spade of things and nothing. I'm almost reinstalling everything, but when I think of the hassle I'll have to reinstall all the softs already I want to change system.

Please list the things you have tried even though they have not worked so others can avoid making suggestions you have already attempted.
Ctrl+Alt+F2 can you access tty2?  If not Systemd#Change_default_target_to_boot_into using the kernel parameter to multi-user.target then do you get a prompt?

#3 2019-02-25 20:33:46

Bin Joker

Re: [SOLVED]Accident during -Syu and does not boot correctly

loqs wrote:

Ctrl+Alt+F2 can you access tty2?  If not Systemd#Change_default_target_to_boot_into using the kernel parameter to multi-user.target then do you get a prompt?

So, i access comand line ( using kernel parameter) and go try a -Syu, thx bro

Edit: I executed "pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring && pacman -su" ( because the keys ) and now are OK

THX loqs, the command line mode save me.

My english is very bad

Last edited by Bin Joker (2019-02-26 00:17:58)

Board footer