You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-18 08:18:05

m0rtimer

Headphones not detected when plugged in

Currently running an up to date arch install on a t60 ugraded to a Intel Core 2 T7600
The sound chip is an Analog Devices AD1981. Using pulseaudio, alsa, alsa-plugins, and pulseaudio-alsa

$ lsmod  | grep snd
snd_hda_codec_analog    20480  1
snd_hda_codec_generic    90112  1 snd_hda_codec_analog
snd_hda_intel          45056  5
snd_hda_codec         155648  3 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_analog
snd_hda_core           98304  4 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_analog,snd_hda_codec
snd_hwdep              16384  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm               135168  4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
snd_timer              40960  1 snd_pcm
ledtrig_audio          16384  2 snd_hda_codec_generic,thinkpad_acpi
snd                   102400  17 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_analog,snd_hda_codec,snd_timer,thinkpad_acpi,snd_pcm
soundcore              16384  1 snd

The symptoms are as follows:
When I boot my laptop as normal I will get sound working through my speakers, and my volume keys will change the sound in hardware.
If I plug my headphones in nothing happens and Pavucontrol will still show headphones as unplugged. If I manually switch to headphones no sound will come through.

Heres the kicker: if I boot with the headphones in than sound will come out of the headphone jack until i take the headphones out. sound will not continue going through the headphone jack if I put hte headphones back in.
Ive been toying a lot with alsamixer and it looks like BOTH my speakers and headphones are utilizing the Line Out slot.

I would prefer if I could get normal behaviour irt my headphone jack. I am looking for my system to automaticaly detect when I plug my headphones in and switch over to them as expected.
Preferably I could also get the keyboard volume keys to utilize the system volume not the hardware volume, but I understand if that is too much to ask for.

Thanks in advance!

Board footer