You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-19 13:46:09

Thme

[Solved]pacman logs, cache and databases in upek_data directory?

So I ran into some issues related to pacmans database and began looking around in /var . At some point a directory /var/upek_data seams to have replaced the normal paths for many packages including pacman. when rebuilding my local package databases I decided to leave it but uncommented and set the default paths in pacman.conf appropriately and ran rsync to recreate the file tree in both /var/cache/pacman/pkg and /var/lib/pacman/
pacman.conf

DBPath      = /var/lib/pacman/sync
CacheDir    = /var/cache/pacman/pkg
rsync -aAXhv --del /var/upek_data/cache/pacman/pkg/ /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
AND
rsync -aAXhv --del /var/upek_data/lib/pacman/ /var/lib/pacman/

My main question is what could have possibly created this directory tree and caused some packages files to be installed/created there and how can I go about identifying the origin of this change... I'm completely in the dark here. Can't seem to find much information on this...

Last edited by Thme (2019-07-02 13:45:35)

"Hidden are the ways for those who pass by, for light is perished and darkness comes into being." Nephthys:
Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts

#2 2019-04-20 11:35:39

Lone_Wolf

Re: [Solved]pacman logs, cache and databases in upek_data directory?

Upek appears to be a company that makes fingerprint readers and other biometric stuff.
(Lenovo is one of the brands that use them)

Does your system have a fingerprint reader ?
If so, are you using fingerprint-gui from aur and how did you install it ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2019-06-30 16:08:34

Thme

Re: [Solved]pacman logs, cache and databases in upek_data directory?

Looking around more I came to that same conclusion and I have since reconfigured everything back and removed fingerpirnt-gui (which was Installed manually  with "makepkg -i ...") then migrated the files back into their original directories. Had issues with fingerprint-gui recognizing my hardware and wasn't 100% sure if i had disabled it in my UEFI bios settings unfortunately I have locked myself out by forgetting my original Admin Password, periodically I try to brute force guess my way back in. Anyhow I  Configured most of what I wanted in the beginning so It has been low priority for me to get back in. I'll mark this as solved. As that's a separate issue. so Yes fingerprint-gui apparently created those directories. I'm assume for some security reason unknown to me. I've since encrypted my whole system (SSD+HDD) and set up 2FA with a keyfile+USB stick and lightdm login. Don't see much point in using fingerprint reader since I've done that. Thanks.

"Hidden are the ways for those who pass by, for light is perished and darkness comes into being." Nephthys:
Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts

Board footer