You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-20 00:57:15

Leonid.I

Why can't I break out of cryptsetup password prompt in initramfs?

Hi,

I have an Arch installation with full-disk encryption and out of curiosity tried to break out of cryptsetup password prompt by pressing Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Z, etc... but unsuccessfully. AFAICT, the call to cryptsetup binary is located in /usr/lib/initcpio/hoks/encrypt viz:

if [ ${dopassphrase} -gt 0 ]; then                                          
        echo ""                                                                 
        echo "A password is required to access the ${cryptname} volume:"        

#loop until we get a real password                                      
        while ! eval cryptsetup open --type luks ${resolved} ${cryptname} ${cryp
            sleep 2;                                                            
        done                                                                    
 fi

This is just busybox ash script, so why can't I, for example, put cryptsetup to background with Ctrl-Z or kill it with Ctrl-C? Am I missing something well-known here?

Thanks!

Arch Linux is more than just GNU/Linux -- it's an adventure
pkill -9 systemd

#2 2019-04-20 17:58:03

Leonid.I

Re: Why can't I break out of cryptsetup password prompt in initramfs?

OK, this is related to the lack of a controlling tty for the init script, as explained here http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busy … 62095.html

Arch Linux is more than just GNU/Linux -- it's an adventure
pkill -9 systemd

Board footer