You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-20 19:31:53

Warper

[SOLVED] Libreoffice Impress behaving strangely

Hey everyone,

I have three LO installations, one in Anarchy, other in Antergos and the last one in a pure wiki setup and this happens in all three.
When I open Impress and select a template, click in a text box and try to write, nothing happens. I might try to click somewhere else click again but cannot enter any text.
When I click a menu or when the right button menu appears and then I click into the text box again, now it works.
After entering some text and trying to make a presentation the screen turns black with two grey sliding bars one at the right and the other at the bottom of the screen. I have to click again for the presentation to begin but when it ends the "presentation window" that's called "soffice.bin" stays in the taskbar and in the screen and cannot be closed. It can be minimized but not closed. Behind it is the Impress app and I can continue working in it but the other window does not disappear. Just closing Impress will close that extra window.

I'm using an up to date install with KDE/Plasma in all the machines with LO 6.2.2.2 Build 6.2.2-4.

Does anyone know what's happening and how to correct it?

Regards,
Warper

Last edited by Warper (2019-04-23 17:49:35)

#2 2019-04-21 06:43:10

buovjaga

Re: [SOLVED] Libreoffice Impress behaving strangely

Does this also happen with a blank template (click Cancel in template selection dialog)?
Does this happen, if you launch from the command line with SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3 libreoffice?

For what it's worth, I cannot reproduce the problem with the KDE backend.

#3 2019-04-23 17:47:08

Warper

Re: [SOLVED] Libreoffice Impress behaving strangely

When you cancel and start with a blank template you can write without problems but when you start the presentation the problem of that window persists.

[edit] After the last update to LO I can report that the issue is gone in all my installations.

Thanks.
Warper

Last edited by Warper (2019-04-23 17:48:52)

Board footer