You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-03 19:06:14

pauliokas

Making a package for full system setup

Hi,

I'm trying to make a package for a quick setup of a fresh arch system and store it in a git repo. I don't think it's such a crazy idea? The part I'm struggling it, however, is adding AUR packages as dependencies. Right now I'm adding the AUR packages I need as subrepos. As far as I understand I need to build them and add them to my local filesystem repository before being able to specify them as dependencies in my PKGBUILD. Is there a way to do all of this in a PKGBUILD, or do I need a Makefile or something to prepare the AUR packages before?

Also, am I over-complicating this?

#2 2019-05-03 19:11:24

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Making a package for full system setup

If this is something that you intend to promote as an easy-install Arch, expect zero support here.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2019-05-03 19:12:29

Slithery
Administrator

Host your own custom repo that contains pre-built packages for the AUR packages that you need to install.

I'd recommend aurutils for the job.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#4 2019-05-03 19:31:09

pauliokas

jasonwryan, not at all. This is purely for personal use. I used to maintain my dotfiles for OSX and Ubuntu, and there's much more potential for this kind of thing on Arch, I think. This is just a next step, which, I admit, could be not worth the effort, but it's quite fun for now.

Slithery, thanks, I'll look into that. I did not think about that before.

Board footer