You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-07 01:05:40

blind.hawkeye

VGA output 'blanks' LVDS, HDMI works - Pavilion m6 (A10 APU)

My machine is a Pavilion m6 with an AMD A10 APU only running Arch (no dual-booting)- I use i3wm and XFCE.

I switched from Windows 10 a couple of months ago (I've used Arch previously), where the VGA output worked fine with the built-in display, as well as HDMI. Now, however, whenever I plug in a VGA monitor, the monitor turns on (activates) and LVDS goes black. xRandr shows both as being on at their respective resolutions, and trying to re-activate the LVDS display doesn't do anything. I have also tried to use programs like the XFCE Display settings and aRandr, but both come out to the same result. HDMI works fine the first time with anything I connect to it, not messing with LVDS at all.

I've also tried messing around with xRandr to try to get it to work with both simultaneously, but changing resolutions/positioning/etc. doesn't seem to do anything, and using a backlight/brightness controller doesn't seem to help either.

On a possibly related note, I get this anytime I start my computer/run 'systemctl --failed':
● systemd-backlight@backlight:acpi_video0.service loaded failed failed Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:acpi_video0

Edit: The driver I have installed is the xf86-video-amdgpu (I also have opencl-mesa installed). I can't seem get the catalyst-total closed-source package off the AUR for some reason.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by blind.hawkeye (2019-05-07 01:11:50)

Board footer