You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-19 08:06:24

jody2

trouble with new kodi leia and tvheadend video

hi all,
running on 5.0.13-arch1-1-ARCH with kodi 18.2. Got problems with video playback. TVH (dvb-s) is running on a different machine on local network. Pre-Leia upgrade no problems with Kodi playback.
when i try to play a stream from my tvh it does not work.

There are also dvb-s radio tvh streams, which still work fine, but tv stations show no video and play no audio although kodi seems to think everything is working fine. When I start playing a tvh video, kodi behaves as if a video is playing (but there is no video playing actually on the screen).

There is no related error that I can find in the logs. Log is available here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ufitepijuy.kodi . During the log capturing I first play a radio stream from my tvh, that works.

Then I play tvh recording, which also works fine (though that is in a different encoding).

When I try to play a stream (search in the logs for "tagesschau24") it subscribes to the stream and shows no further errors, but on my screen nothing is playing. I have to press "stop" and I can freely move around again in the menu.

No idea how to troubleshoot the problem. the stream from the same server works on my laptop (ubuntu) with kodi pre-leia without a hick. I tried removing the hts addon and re-installing but same result.

Also removed all kodi stuff with "pacman -R kodi kodi-bin kodi-dev kodi-addon-pvr-hts" check if there was any remaining kodi files left on the system, deleted ~/user/.kodi folder and then re-installed kodi from scratch, again same behavior. Also on my work laptop, which also runs kodi, exact same behavior, this must be arch specific problem?

any ideas how to fix? thanks in advance

Last edited by jody2 (2019-05-30 18:15:49)

#2 2019-05-30 18:16:36

jody2

Re: trouble with new kodi leia and tvheadend video

anyone has any suggestions?

#3 2019-05-30 18:27:39

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Re: trouble with new kodi leia and tvheadend video

jody2 wrote:

anyone has any suggestions?

Please don't do that.

Board footer