You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-28 19:24:30

4Iskander

Citrix icaclient keyboard and mouseclick error | Openbox | Compton

Hello,

My system: Archlinux | Openbox as standalone session manager | Compton as compositor

The problem: I am able to login to the remote desktop of my company via the company's Citrix Storefront. However, since for about 1/2 year my mouseclicks and keyboard clicks aren't properly forwarded to the remote system. There seems to be a big delay. The mousemovements appears to be ok. It's impossible to work this way.

Since this only occured when i ran the icaclient in Seamless (fullscreen) mode i had a workaround to use the Storefront option to use a window of 100% of the screen.

However since my company now uses a new Citrix Storefront with no config options i am not able to select the way i connect to the remove sytem, it's always in fullscreen mode.

When i use another distro i have no problems.

Has someone a suggestion how to solve this problem?

Tnx a lot in advance.

Ron.

Last edited by 4Iskander (2019-05-28 19:25:02)

#2 2019-05-31 21:30:56

bnb2235

Re: Citrix icaclient keyboard and mouseclick error | Openbox | Compton

Rather than the native icaclient, have you tried other options? For example:
Citrix Workspaces for Chrome
How about the html5 client in Firefox?

I have only recently been able to use Citrix in Arch. Until recently, my company used a VPN client which was Windows only. I therefore used Windows in VirtualBox to get connected to Citrix. Now the company is using a clientless VPN from Citrix and now I can use Linux ;-) I have tried the icaclient and icaclient-old from AUR. It is amazing how each version of Receiver or Workspaces App behaved differently in one small way or another. I have manually installed many different tarballs from the Citrix website until I found the version which worked well for me. After installation, I would have to accommodate the certificate "problem".

cd /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/
sudo mv cacerts/ cacerts.old
sudo ln -s /etc/ssl/certs cacerts

Currently, 18.10 is the "right" version for me.

#3 2019-06-01 06:24:19

seth

Re: Citrix icaclient keyboard and mouseclick error | Openbox | Compton

I assume the event is instant but the visual reaction is not and blame compton, notably because it's a FS/notFS matter (and the compositor will likely unredirect FS windows, though compton seems to require an explicit option "--unredir-if-possible")

Board footer