You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-30 13:11:37

SimpleTechGuy

Remina Plugin Teamviewer Crash (remmina_file_get_secret) deprecated

Hey guys, I'm having a small problem and I don't know enough about coding to fix it.  I know someone here could fix this in a few minutes. Basically remmina-plugin-teamviewer is not able to get the password from remmina since remmina update changed method for calling password.  Getting the following error:

WARNING: remmina_file_get_secret(remminafile,"password") is deprecated and must not be called. Use remmina_file_get_string() and do not deallocate returned memory.

I've tried reaching out to Muflone on github for the remmina-plugin-teamviewer https://github.com/muflone/remmina-plug … r/issues/7, but not getting any response, maybe he's busy or not involved anymore.  Seems like this should be an easy fix to fork it and use remmina_file_get_string(), but I just don't know how to do that or if there is anything else that would need to be added.  spupykin maybe this would be an easy fix?

thanks for any help you guys can provide.  Great tool btw, love remmina and use it regularly.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

#2 2019-05-30 20:24:46

Muflone
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Re: Remina Plugin Teamviewer Crash (remmina_file_get_secret) deprecated

Hi

Thank you for your interest in my plugins.
They're broken for a change in API in the main remmina software.
The issue shouldn't be related to the password changes but to a change in the parameters struct for plugins.

Actually I'm pretty busy and have many personal difficulties to fix the remmina plugins API.

If you think you can fix the issue send a pull request and I'll integrate it if it's valid.

Last edited by Muflone (2019-05-30 20:26:29)

Board footer