You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-17 15:50:04

charlie

[SOLVED]Incompatibility of select copy between Gnome terminal and gedi

There seems to be an issue with selecting with the mouse to copy and then pasting with the middle button. I've just noticed that selecting text from gnome terminal then subsequently clicking the middle button on gedit does not work (that is nothing is copied on gedit). Selecting and middle button copy works when done from gedit to gedit as well as from the terminal to itself. It also work from firefox to gedit but not from firefox/gedit to the terminal... sometimes?

Did you notice a similar issue on your system?
That's rather annoying when I need to copy text from the terminal to gedit. Ofc I could use other means or simply explicity copy and paste, but this would be better if it worked because the select/middle is very easy and convenient.

As I am trying it right now it suddenly transitioned from not working to working. Am I missing anything? I don't think anything else was selected while I noticed the issue.

Last edited by charlie (2019-10-08 12:56:02)

#2 2019-07-19 02:49:09

cavernico

Re: [SOLVED]Incompatibility of select copy between Gnome terminal and gedi

Works for me, but i always use ctrl-shift + c and v.

#3 2019-10-08 12:55:03

charlie

Re: [SOLVED]Incompatibility of select copy between Gnome terminal and gedi

The problem seems to have been solved, I have not stumbled to the issue anymode, not sure how. Probably an update that solved a bug?

Last edited by charlie (2019-10-08 12:56:36)

Board footer