You are not logged in.

#26 2019-07-22 19:37:51

seth

Re: system doesn't wake properly from suspention (to RAM).

W/o ssh, try to run "mpv ~/MyMusic/*" (ie. play multiple audio files) and suspend while the first one is playing. When the resume fails, do you proceed to the second music file (and on and on)?

#27 2019-07-22 21:06:55

ispanos

seth wrote:

W/o ssh, try to run "mpv ~/MyMusic/*" (ie. play multiple audio files) and suspend while the first one is playing. When the resume fails, do you proceed to the second music file (and on and on)?

No, once the song that was playing ends, the music stops.

Edit : ssh connection is successful. Also, concerning the music. It was now playing on YouTube and after 5 minutes of silence, the next song started playing. I think it has to do with the gpu.
I want to note that the laptop I got to ssh is a bit broken. The less I have to use it the better.

Last edited by ispanos (2019-07-23 13:23:52)

#28 2019-07-25 08:52:44

respiranto
Website

So after the problem occurs, everything that can be done via ssh appears to be working (e.g. mpv)?
The output of `journalctl -b' and `dmesg' at that point might help to diagnose the issue.

To rule out the GPU, you could try booting without it.  (This will not necessarily work and require you to either type blindly or connect via ssh, which may give different results.)

#29 2019-07-26 07:07:51

ispanos

respiranto wrote:

So after the problem occurs, everything that can be done via ssh appears to be working (e.g. mpv)?
The output of `journalctl -b' and `dmesg' at that point might help to diagnose the issue.

To rule out the GPU, you could try booting without it.  (This will not necessarily work and require you to either type blindly or connect via ssh, which may give different results.)

dmesg: https://pastebin.com/Ppn3uAXf
journalctl -b: is too large for pastebin. https://gist.github.com/ispanos/cbd9ad8 … cbcd9f12b3

#30 2019-08-03 20:21:31

respiranto
Website

Sorry for the late reply.  The dmesg link is no longer valid, so let's look at the journal.

After suspension there are a lot of stack traces related to nouveau.  So it seems likely that the problem is in fact related to graphics.  The apparent first line of each block containing the stack trace says `nouveau 0000:0a:00.0: timeout'.  Searching for `nouveau timeout suspend' gives a few results, i.a. a bug report describing the same situation [0].

Also, I found a page on the Arch Wiki [1] describing how to circumvent the issue of a graphics card not going to suspension.  Not the same issue, but maybe worth a try.

To test, whether it's really the graphics, you could try disabling the graphics / nouveau, or even taking out the GPU.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … ug/1803179
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Po … om_suspend (search for nouveau)

#31 2019-08-06 21:50:40

ispanos

@respiranto Sorry it that it also took me so long to reply. I no longer have access to a second PC to use ssh.
dmesg: https://gist.github.com/ispanos/24ff2c9 … 608e470808
I tried "disabling the graphics / nouveau". The computer doesn't post without a gpu though. Maybe something broke after updates for Ryzen 3000? This post is getting buried and I still don't have a 100% working system. Should U try another forum category?

#32 2019-08-13 12:54:04

respiranto
Website

Have you tried the mitigation of a possibly related issue, linked in my last post?

Also, you could try the proprietary nvidia driver.

Reposting an issue elsewhere on the forum will only cause the new thread to be deleted.  You may ask a moderator to move this thread though.  Not sure if that will bring more attention.

#33 2019-08-13 12:59:51

ispanos

respiranto wrote:

Have you tried the mitigation of a possibly related issue, linked in my last post?

Also, you could try the proprietary nvidia driver.

Reposting an issue elsewhere on the forum will only cause the new thread to be deleted.  You may ask a moderator to move this thread though.  Not sure if that will bring more attention.

I tried the mitigation you mentioned and the proprietary driver too. Neither of those worked. I really wish the issue is resolved by an update by the time I get back from my vacations.

#34 2019-08-13 17:15:34

respiranto
Website

It would be nice to find at least the package that caused is responsible for the issue.  For that, you could try selectively downgrading packages (e.g., nouveau) or even all of them to a state before the issue's appearance.

If selectively up- or downgrading packages does not help, you could try to find the culprit using some kind of binary search on the upgraded packages.  Note though that partial upgrades can cause a lot of problems, so it might be a good idea to do this on a simple fresh install (also limits the number of packages).

Board footer