You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-25 18:53:19

Sermak

Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache fails after kernel panic

I am running 242.32-3 arch linux on a T580. While having the laptop running (logged in, not suspended) beside me but not using it for about an hour, I noticed that the caps lock LED started blinking. In case that is relevant, my machine had an uptime of a couple days. I had to force ("choke") shutdown my thinkpad and when booting it up (using grub), I got a message about recovering the journal of my partition and another stating that the filesystem was clean. After that, a "Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache" start job starts to run. It does indicate "no limit", but usually finishes/fails after around 5 minutes. At that point, a bunch of "failed"-messages appear for a split-second, too fast to read. Then, the screen goes black and a line cursor flashes in the top left corner. The same happens when force-shutting down and booting again. I booted my laptop using a live usb and used fsck.ext4 to examine my filesystem, which recovered the journal and finished successfully without making further modifications. I do not know what caused the kernel panic or why the start job fails and am thus unable to use my machine.

#2 2019-07-25 19:08:20

loqs

Re: Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache fails after kernel panic

Welcome to the arch linux forums Sermak.  After booting the system using the live media please post the journal of the failed boot.

Board footer