You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-04 23:11:23

Joeman1

CD Mounting issue

Hello all...

I sure hope this is easy to figure out... I have sure come to like Arch and don't want to change again for something silly smile

Problem is this:

I play Diablo2 and X-Plane (Among others like WoW, CS Source, DOD Source, etc..) and as I can mount the cd's for these games just fine, the applications can not see them because they are looking for a mount point in /mnt (/mnt/dvd or something similar).

On other distros, like Kubuntu, or Gentoo, I can simply create a simlink to /media/dvd from /mnt/dvd. This has worked without issue for months and months... However, now that I am using Arch, I notice that when I mount a cd/dvd, it mounts it in /media/VolumeNameOfDisk (or /media/x-plane as an example). With this current method of mounting, I cant create a symlink to /media/dvd cause it doesn't mount there.

Is there a way to force the mounting of dvds or cds to /media/dvd? I have tried entering it in my fstab, but that doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated...

Joe

#2 2006-09-05 08:48:56

scarecrow

Re: CD Mounting issue

Why entering it in fstab doesn't work?
Entry should be something like

/dev/dvd             /mnt/dvd   auto   ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0

I need this entry only for my wine applications. Factly, wine even pseudo-mounts unmountable filesystems (e.g. audioCD's) under /mnt/dvd

Simply run "winecfg" and set up the entry for your DVD, for example on the "drives" tab windows drive D: should be mapped to the /mnt/dvd point.

Microshaft delenda est

#3 2006-09-05 17:56:26

Joeman1

Re: CD Mounting issue

scarecrow wrote:

Why entering it in fstab doesn't work?
Entry should be something like

/dev/dvd             /mnt/dvd   auto   ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0

I need this entry only for my wine applications. Factly, wine even pseudo-mounts unmountable filesystems (e.g. audioCD's) under /mnt/dvd

Simply run "winecfg" and set up the entry for your DVD, for example on the "drives" tab windows drive D: should be mapped to the /mnt/dvd point.

Well, I did some pokeing around, and if I mount my cdrom when it pops up in KDE, and leave it in /media/whatever, and run Diablo 2 from within the Cedega interface, it works ok.

I will try you method fro X-Plane, however, maybe dbus/hal fixed this with the testing version I install...

We will see...

Thanks again for the reply!!!

Joe

Board footer