You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-16 06:56:53

jordicg
Website

Configure Proxy Server

Hello community.-

Im considering creating a Proxy Server on my "private" network, maybe with a old Pc i have. That would be the Proxy Server and through that i will connect all my network, cellphones, laptops, etc. The big problem is that i dont know how to do it, basicaly configure the proxy, so some users can access to certain content at internet and others dont, this is because i have a little sister i would like to keep safe from dangerous browsing, and maybe malware, etc, she uses Windows, so it has to be configured in a Arch base, and that proxy accept all those hosts and permissions. How can i acheive this? Or any docs i can read with Arch about it? I am blind here, well the Arch install of course is no problem for me, but the configuration is what worries me. Thank you in advance. smile And also, could all that be done with the addition of a router or something similar so i have better internet signal?

Last edited by jordicg (2019-09-16 06:59:42)

With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

#2 2019-09-16 07:01:52

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Configure Proxy Server

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2019-09-16 07:07:32

jordicg
Website

Re: Configure Proxy Server

Umm sorry i will look that wiki post, thank you Anarchist. I need to configure that wiki article info in a separate Pc right? I mean in the proxy server... I will read carefuly but what about a VPN i have? and Firewalls in all computers. The ip for each computer changes on every boot. So many questions

Last edited by jordicg (2019-09-16 07:15:08)

With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

Board footer