You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-08 18:12:03

darehanl

Sound card not working anymore :-( [solved]

Hi, I've been using sound with Arch Linux for quite a while until it suddenly died today.

I listened to an mp3 file with mpg321, and system completely locked up (like, infinite loop of sound, keyboard input doesn't work whatsoever). I rebooted, saw reiserfs do a few transaction replays, and the system locks up again when trying to load modules. I also notice a large delay on the line uevent.

I boot with Arch install CD, remove snd_emu10k1 from the modules list, and alsa from the daemon list, reboot, and the system is back online.

Everything works until I try to modprobe snd_emu10k1. Sometimes it fails to load completely, sometimes it's loaded successfully, but the system dies a short while later anyway. I try booting from Ubuntu Live CD, but it locks up during hardware probing.

Now, does anyone have any pointer to how I should tackle this problem? I didn't see anything special in dmesg. Thanks.

PS: I recall installing gst_plugin, gst_plugin_mad and burning a audio CD via Gnomebaker since I last had my soundcard working.

Edit: I dunno, I disconnected my sound card, and left it sit for a few hours, reconnected it, and it magically works. Quite odd...

Board footer